Big Brother is Watching You - at Semafor

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Forgive me for theater geekery, but I've got to crow...

Semafor Theater, "one of the oldest continuous traditions of modern Czech entertainment", according to radio.cz, was the venue for my school's most recent Drama production, "1984". The beloved theater is in Prague's Dejvice neighborhood - near where I live - and has contributed to the beginnings of many famous Czech musicians and actors.

It was an honor to direct a play there - and even to simply have our play listed in its window:



I am fiercely proud of my students and my school, and I am grateful the theater gave us the opportunity to perform in its space. Semafor doesn't usually rent to outside entities like high schools, but as the article linked above mentioned, it needed the income. 

Our kids did an outstanding job with this dark and psychologically straining Dystopian play; they extended themselves and brought integrity to the themes of Winston's story, which are still so relevant today.

Some dress rehearsal photos, taken by my principal and posted on social media:










Semafor's staff and technicians were supportive, encouraging and knowledgeable; it would be a pleasure to work with them again. A very powerful experience all around, and such a special place to hold a performance.

War is peace
Freedom is slavery
Ignorance is strength

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

where to find me

Popular Posts

Czechesotans © . QUINN CREATIVES .