Domesticity

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Yessssss! (Fist pump, fist pump!) The transformer we ordered just arrived! We are doing the transformer dance!



Okay, BW is not as excited as me about a hunk of electronics that converts 110v items to 220v, but I am ecstatic. A number of our American possessions, from my hair straightener to our camera battery charger to our Kitchenaid mixer, wouldn't run with a simple adaptor.

Most of all, though, I have been desperately wanting to iron clothes that are still wrinkled even after hanging for a month, thanks to being shipped in boxes via water freight to Europe. My work wardrobe has been 60% unwearable. Yes, we could have bought a new iron, but we got a reeeeally nice one for our wedding and I want to utilize it.

In other boring domestic news, our landlord replaced our kitchen windows, which left much of our unit infiltrated by a thick blanket of white construction dust.

This required us to eat out with friends for a few nights in a row...

However, the new windows are beautiful and absolutely more heat-efficient!

Now to find a crockpot, which don't seem to exist here...



where to find me

Popular Posts

Czechesotans © . QUINN CREATIVES .