Decorated

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Masses of stringed lights, ornaments and mulled wine have blossomed in twinkling and glittering glory all over the city. BW and I wandered around the Old Town in head-swiveling wonder for about an hour yesterday evening, soaking it all in. Virtually every corner of the center was merry and bright - but not yet white.

It was cold and we were tired, but we went out anyway to join all of the other oohers and ahhers for the season's first glimpses of Prague's famed Christmas markets and Titanic-sized tree. It was totally worth it.

BW said the pine on Old Town Square is bigger than the White House Christmas tree :)
So many things to see!
We're headed back to Old Town Square on Wednesday to see my school's choir perform on a community stage; I'll take more photos with a decent camera then. In the meantime, here's a cool aerial view from Flikr:


Speaking of holiday cheer, we had a homeroom door-decorating contest at school yesterday. This is what my students created amid all of the other doors' stockings and Santas: a post-apocalyptic nuclear wasteland, from a Weird Al Yankovic Christmas song. I hope I have a job tomorrow.



Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

where to find me

Popular Posts

Czechesotans © . QUINN CREATIVES .